The EDM genre has been on the rise for a few years now. EDM is short for Electronic Dance Music, and it’s basically just music that you want to dance to. It can range from trance-like beats, or dubstep, or even hip hop infused with EDM. We’re going to break down what EDM really is and why it’s so popular before giving you a list of songs that we think will help get your mood back up when it’s feeling low! Let’s look into the list of songs in this newest music blog.
EDM is a genre that’s been around for about 30 years now. It started out as House music, and has grown to include all sorts of genres ranging from trance and dubstep, to hip hop with EDM elements.
EDM can be really therapeutic because it makes you happy when your mood feels low or if you’re having trouble focusing on what needs doing! When DJ Avicii released his album “True”, he said the feeling was meant to inspire people who were going through difficult times in their life. He wanted them to know they weren’t alone, which we think is pretty awesome considering EDM was born out of house music as an escape during rough times!
The name EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music. EDM can vary in tempo and style, so it’s hard to say what EDM is “supposed” to be like!
There are a few key elements that make EDM great, the first being bass lines. EDMs have really thumping basses which really get you moving on the dance floor or just feel good listening to while cooking dinner. The next element is sound design: some songs will use synthesizers to create sounds that give off this feeling of going into outer space! Lastly, vocals are often used in EDM because they’re catchy and easy for people who don’t typically listen to EDM music (like your parents!)
- AlunaGeorge & Popcaan – “I’m In Control”
- Sak Noel & Salvatore Ganacci – “Loca People (Unreleased)”
- Krafty Kuts ft. Dynamite MC – “Talkin’ About EDM”
- Skrillex, Diplo, Justin Bieber – Sorry for Party Rocking
- Steve Aoki ft. Bunji Garlin and Wale – Without U feat. Ruckazoid (Extended Mix)
- Afrojack & David Guetta vs Nicki Minaj- Turn me on (Nicki Minaj Remix)
- The Chainsmokers Ft Halsey vs Lil Wayne- Closer To My Dreams (Dave Winnel Remix) by Dave Winnel_PJFYR
- Mightyfools – Put Em Up feat. Anna Yvette (Extended Mix)
- Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike & Steve Aoki vs Ummet Ozcan- Melody Ft Tujamo (Afrojack Remix) EDC 2017 by EDCMasters
- Zedd ft. Alessia Cara – Stay The Night (Kaskade Remix)
Sometimes life throws you curveballs. Sometimes it feels like the world is out to get you and everything that happens seems unfair or too much to bear alone. In times like this when we feel lonely or depressed, music can be our solace. It’s nice because if nothing else in your day has gone right so far then at least the playlist on your phone will make things seem a little better for a few minutes at least.
The EDM playlists on Spotify are great for when you’re feeling moody. The playlist is compiled of EDM songs that have a slow/mellow tempo. They will help to relax your mind and soul while listening to the mix of EDM tracks from artists like Kygo, Flume, Lido, Mura Masa or HONNE. These mixes also include some classics by Bob Marley and other popular artists such as James Blake perfect if you want something more chill than upbeat!